Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sleep deprivation and bomb making

The guy sitting across from me on the train is muttering. No sound, but patterned, rhythmic. I want to know what he’s saying. Does that make me invasive? Curious? Lonely? Too tired to figure it out right now.

Just saw Hurt Locker. Still shaking a little inside. Makes mundania seem like a 50’s sitcom and a human interest nightmare had reality while on a bad trip.

It’s something that always in the back on my mind, the mindlessness. Violence begotten on strangers not because of wrongs done but because of ideals stood for. Fear. Fueled so much of man’s history for so long it makes me wonder if fear-based response really is the true governing body of our gleaming, progressive society.

I’m way too tired for this. That’s it, new rule! I’m not allowed to write when I’m so tired my eloquence filter falls off and I can’t keep from sounding delightfully unstable.

(This post is from several days ago, just catching up. Cheers.)

No comments: