Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bringing the night to a close....

I sit again by candlelight. The altars are closed now, the workings done for the night. The building and maintaining of temple space has been interesting. The feel of it is crystalline; its song a gentle echo within the self. I sing its place here; I bring it forth and let it be less in word and more in meaning. Some languages have no words, and this one lines my walls, inlays my floors, and weaves through every surface and breath of air, song and story without a word.

The painting is finally finished. It took three of them, fittingly, to complete, but it’s done now, sealed at last as it should be. Now I can step forward again onto the path once more and toward what is next, no matter the direction. Though I do direct, I do not dictate. I cannot, for though the way is mine, I do not always know the way there. I find it an interesting way to go about it, self-understanding given context. The tools needed have always been there, the skills always present. To learn them again is to become closer to the self of Will, not simply the self that happens to be.

So much to be done, yet I am unafraid. Does that make me brave or foolish? Both? Neither? I don’t know of any who could say for certain. The only certainty I have left is that when it’s all over, I will be as I always was and more than when I began. It is the same for all of our kind, and it is an encouraging thought.

Need to stop writing when I’m this tired…

No comments: