Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Minneapolis surprises! (Memorial Day Weekend)

Huzzah! We have managed the stealthy missions, animal antics and free-for-all giggling of Memorial Day weekend! SO SO happy!

Eric and I got a Ton of stuff done on Friday. Running around to various offices and stores and other credenzas and dun, and it’s a good thing, too! Because Saturday yielded breakfast explosions and the ZOO! The kitchen spent the day in recovery while me, Eric, WSPA-2 and WSPA-3 traipsed off to the zoo, picking up a Shari on the road! I mean really, who could resist that face?

Otters! Peacock-like birds attacking! Lazy lions, tigers on rocks, animatronic dinosaurs, and micaks! I didn’t spell that right and I don’t care! It was a gloriously cool, lightly overcast day, perfect for zoo adventures.

And before Eric tells this story AGAIN (oy, dude, I love you but damn), I got to show Eric the mic that Raven and I scouted for Cheshire Moon. He can keep the SM58, but we’re likely going with the Sennheiser e835. SO much joy. Also, as I was showing him the range pick-up on the four that we tried, there was another guy trying out an amp on his harp. It was clear he was going to use it for stage performance, and he needed something that gave him a lot of sound, with the solid, southside of Chicago overdrive to go with it so he could cut through and be heard. Very sweet sound he was getting. Anyways, I started trying out the mics, and according to my fuzzy love, this guy looked up as I dug in, stunned. I DIDN’T KNOW THIS. He was standing behind me, and I thought he was changing settings, being polite, something. No, apparently not. I didn’t even find out about this until Eric told me later in the car. *FLAIL*

Next up, we had a lazy Sunday morning, dropped off the WSPA bunch and headed north to Minneapolis! The drive was lovely, I didn’t make Eric too terribly crazy with my driving, and we made it to Celia’s house with a but of time to spare. Eric brought out the Quattro, and we started a new song in her backyard. We recorded his riff, I got a bunch of lyrics written that so far make no sense but something tells me they will soon enough, and then off toi Everest on Grand with Celia. *swoon* Nepalise food for the WIN.

After dinner, off to Sacred Paths!! We surprised a Sooj and a Kay and a Betsy with Super Stealth Mission of hugs and love!

PLEASE NOTE: Leanann Sidhe. If you don’t know, you NEED TO. www.leannansidhe.com GO FIND HER. Her album, Fragile Dreams, comes out July 9th and is available for pre-order. I’m getting one, and so are you. Now GO!

Pixies and cellos and chainmail and love. Got to sing with a lovely bard, use my dicebag as percussion for her song D&D, share kitty pictures and stories and braid Kay hair and every good thing. We got to meet so many lovely people. Sacred Paths is a glorious place that we will have to frequent more often, most definitely.

Breakfast with Charles Monday morning was, as always, a fiendish delight. We dined in a normal restraint, with normal people, and managed not to scare them. Much. A storm kept us at bay longer than we’d planned, but we got to visit with Charles and see the Geek center, which was lots of fun. Philosophical debate and political natter and far too much cattiness not to love.

Our journey home was a windy one, but we arrived safe and sound. Now, off to a short week, a dress fitting, and swimming with the kidlets as often as possible as we move, despite all the rope I own, despite nerves and anticipation and trepidation and catty jabs at stupidly insufficient people, toward Duckon. Love to Xap and Megan. They are going to need it, I fear.

No comments: