Friday, August 28, 2009

Wanderlust

I've gotten restless recently. I'm getting bored easily, opting for idle time-wasting as opposed to productive or creative pursuits. I managed to finish the first chapter of one project, a gift to its muse, and now...nothing. I'm not terribly motivated, which hasn't ever really stopped me before. I try to keep busy, keep moving, but I feel like I'm running in circles, not really looking forward to anything but still managing to get tired in the process.

My completely unacceptable physique got me working out again. bike riding is hit and miss considering summer decided to give way to fall after two freaking weeks, so I'm opting for indoor cardio. It's short and intense (shock), which works for me, but I still get antsy at night when I'm up and alone and wondering about the reasons for it all.

It took seven years to get established, and I haven't even been on my own a year yet. I have to wonder how much is loneliness, how much is boredom masked in exhaustion, and how much is truly a Calling, something somewhere beckoning my feet to the road.

And yet, every now and then, a literary gem still pops up to be heard:

"I have walked the streets of Faerie at night, knowing well their leafy lane, their log wood bridges. I have climbed the stepping stones to the house of my kin, and sat at their table, welcomed home."

No comments: