Sunday, May 9, 2010

State of Shame

I have never been more embarrassed to say that I was born in Arizona. I didn't think that was possible after having the walking dead John McCain, the governor of AZ at the time, walked into public and open his mouth during the 2008 election. That was bad. THEN to bring the idiot that is Plain into the picture? I was mortified. And NOW this. A law that basically makes racial profiling a legal practice for the 'enforcement' of immigration laws. Excuse me, AZ, are you sure you can hear me all the way back there in the 40's?!

I've been mistaken for Latina more times than I care to talk about because its both funny and a little weird, but I don't feel comfortable going back to my own home state for fear of being stopped on the street and having a cop ask for my papers. I'm pretty sure I'd send him to the hospital, and it may well be the same hospital that has my birth record if all this happen sin Tucson. I am sick to the teeth about this, but I must say I am proud to see Tucson and Flagstaff standing up and saying they want no park of this. Cities suing their own state over legislature. Let's see how long this law REALLY lasts. Constitutionality, go!

No comments: