Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Life, in a running nutshell

Yeah, life is going pretty well at the moment. Got a new song recorded last night, though it’s a ROUGH recording. I overloaded the mic a couple times. It also took a TON out of me. This is going to be a show closer, not a show stopper.

WSPA-3’s first recital is in February, but she’s off to a dance workshop weekend in Minneapolis NEXT weekend. Eric and I will be going with her to that. Then she has a series of shows and recitals through the end of the school year, most of which happen on weekends, so our weekends are pretty well shot from here to June with a couple key exceptions. Jared has a meet coming up sometimes this month though I forget when. Then he also has those sporadically throughout the remainder of the school year until nationals in July in Madison. We may ALSO have a CM house concert in that area that weekend so that we can supplement the gas and hotel costs of being up there for nationals, but that’s not confirmed yet. Calendars exist precisely for this reason. OMG.

I still don’t have the Etsy store up because I ended up using some of my inventory for last minute presents. Not a big deal, but still, it cut into my time a bit as far as the launch. And we’ve got stores for Cheshire Moon in the wings on Café Press and Etsy, neither of which have anything in them YET but they will shortly. I’m going to design a couple exclusive knitted CM items and have a series of regular café press items with our logo and info on them in the second store, all available from our home website. It’s going to take some code time, but I can manage it once I have a template for the URL interface and the PayPal account. Which reminds me, I have to set that up, too. And we haven’t even started recording the album yet, most of which will happen thankfully in town. BUT we are supplementing the cost of that by my building the newly minted recording studio’s website. OY, busy busy!

Work is boring, but my boss doesn’t mind if I knit at the office, so life is good there.

How’re you?

No comments: