Sunday, February 13, 2011

Capricon of SHINY!

Vibrating!!! Eric Coleman asked me to marry him last night. He announced to the filk circle that he had a new song that he was only going to perform once, and he asked me to hold his lyric book. I did so, and he sang me a song. And there I was, holding his book, face to face with this man as he sang out his wish to spend his days with me, and when the song was done, I set the book aside and damn near knocked him over with a hug. Pictures exist of the look on my face when he was singing to me, because apparently I was a sight to see. I believe I was referred to as 'leaf quivering.' Yup, that's about the size of it.

So yeah, Cap was good.... but more about Cap in detail.

This was my first anniversary of meeting Raven, so we got to spend a bit of time together. Not nearly as much as I would like and we'll be doing something about that this week, but yeah. Happy making. His birthday party went pretty well, a quiet affair with people who care about him, uincluding the nutjobs who are in his band, Toyboat. He's very dear to me, and Cap marks a fun and special time.

Got to hear a bunchy of awesome music, and I also learned somethign very important. I CAN in fact handle on the ground con issues with style and flare. We needed volunteers, I rustled them up as fast as I could and got just enough to handle the problem we had and make it snazzy. We (Duck) had a decent party, and it all looked good in the end. I got flyers top hand out at the area cons, and I got so many wonderful hugs. Xap ran a helluva Cafe, and I got up on stage with Eric and a sparkly new friend, Andy, on fiddle and mandolin. Oooooh, so muc WIN. I think he's going to end up being a long-running Guest Villian just because this needs to happen more often. Oh my WOW.

Jan Magic has officially impressed me. For the record. Not because of her healing abilities, but because of who she is and how she gets things done. I'm a fan. Officially.

I look forward now to MarsCon, where Raven and I will be bussing the 8 hours up to Minneaplois, filled with shiny bits like a Charles and a Celia and a wonderful con I've never been to before.

No comments: