Monday, June 29, 2009

Duckon!

Ok, so this is only my second con this year, but by far the better! I walked in to furry friends and faces I hadn’t seen in years. Several, in some cases! Flashing back to old relationships well-remembered, old stories that needed retelling simply to remember the laughs. Newer faces richly remembered, embraced for the third time in a year, which to this day is unmatched. Sooj and Vixy and Kay and Brooke and YAY! Hearing the voices of my loved ones in song and verse, storytellers all, and new voices now know and smiling faces cherished, laughter given new light.

And within that light, new connections forged. Unwittingly, unknowingly, elusive yet existent. I dare not to speculate, not to even expect. All I know is this: I'm coming back. For the people, for the merriment, for the FILK...

And oh gods, the FILK!! so much fun! singing with Sooj and Vixy over the open filk was beyond lovely! Sitting behind them, casting no shadow upon their light, I added simply harmony, low and supporting to these sirens as they rang out into the night. A night held in the warmth of summer with a breath of things to come, more concerts, more festivals, more cons, more life...

Side note :: TOM SMITH. http://www.tomsmithonline.com/ Tell your friends. Tell your mom. Tell your friends' moms. Tell their dogs. Tell EVERYONE.

No comments: